Tuesday, June 21, 2016

[PHOTOGRA-TRIP] Practicing Photography: Shooting the sky during dawn!


Hi there folks and photography enthusiast! I am an entry level photographer I can say and currently practicing some shots with different kinds of scenery within different conditions (lights, exposure, and stuff).

I would like to share with you some of the wonders that I have been shooting from my Nikon D3300 with my 18mm-200mm Zoom lens (which is a Tamron 18-200mm). This time am gonna share some of my shots of our skies during the dawn over at my place.

And just to set the expectations I've already tweaked with the images with Adobe Lightroom and placed my somehow distracting "Logo" at the bottom so please do not mind the logo and enjoy! ^_^



Cloudy Sky During Dawn      F-stop : 5.6  Shutter Speed: 1/60 sec.  ISO: 800
This first Image here was captured with f/5.6 as my aperture ( or what they call F-Stop), shutter speed of 1/60 seconds, and ISO of 800. I really don't have any basis on shooting with this setting am just playing with how well it would look like when I shoot it! Basically I just shot at where I can see and expose the actual scene, light and details that I want to appear and match it with the setting! Then I have this as a result!




Cloudy Sky During Dawn      F-stop : 5.6  Shutter Speed: 1/640 sec.  ISO: 800
Few minutes later these clouds suddenly showed up and there's little old me amazed of the view and shot this one at an aperture of f/5.6, shutter speed of 1/650 seconds, and ISO under 800. Honestly I made a lot of shoots during this time I just picked out the best ones to play with light room and here we are!



Moon shining from above the cloudy dawn sky!      F-stop : 9  Shutter Speed: 1/100 sec.  ISO: 800
This next image over here was shot a few more minutes after the second (2nd) image I've shown. found out the moon is pretty round and bright so again, am on trigger happy mode and took a good position to shoot this one out! This one is actually take under the aperture of f/9, shutter speed of 1/100 seconds, and my ISO is still under 800.


The Darkness after the Dawn      F-stop : 5.6  Shutter Speed: 1/60 sec.  ISO: 800
Finally my last great shot for the day was this one! After a lot of trial and error I ended up with this one shot and finally went back inside the house. So I shot this one at f/5.6 for the aperture, 1/60 seconds for the shutter speed, and still ISO under 800.

As you can see I am more of adjusting the balance between my F-Stop and Shutter speed rather than rely on my ISO and the default flash too much. But if there is any other tips that you can give me to improve these shots, feel free to comment it down here! Would be well appreciated! Hope you guys had fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment