Tuesday, January 12, 2016

[ONLINE GAME] Playing SDGO (SD Gundam Online) SEA (SouthEastAsia) server.

SDGO Sea is introduced to me by my friend Chris, since we both are "Gundam" fans and we love to talk about em and see em in action, he recommended this game back around December 2012. I started playing it on the 31th of December right on welcoming the New Year of 2013.



I was still playing on my old laptop back then (while drinking a little T-ICE and a serving of Sushi). One of my first A-rank units on this game was Altron Gundam. SDGO [SD Gundam Online] SEA server is somewhat a fast phased FPS (first person shooter) game that I could say, it has most of the balanced factors I've been looking for in a game back then. In this game you cannot just simply over power anyone else with just cashing out anything from the store, to play this game and enjoy it you really need to be skillful in your controls of your character (the gundam units).

Well the character IS your GUNDAM, in this game you can collect different types of unit in order to form a more powerful one. But just as I have said earlier even if you can have a powerful unit if you do not know how to play it or play it with your team (yes there are mode where it is a team battle), you cannot successfully bring out the full potential of your unit (you might end up getting trash talked by most players which is pretty common on an online game) and lower rank units can beat the oil out of your high end unit on the battlefield.


Since I am a Wing Zero EW (Endless Waltz) fan, this unit was the first one I aimed to build. My first build for a strong S-rank unit, Yes you read it correctly there are ranks among the gundam units the higher the rank the better the specs and the stronger they can kick the living out of you and your enemies on the war zone.

The reason why I told you that this game back then was the most balanced out game I have ever played is that its game system gives the player different type of Gundam units  and they were divided into three, A rock type usually a melee type a scissor type the fast and versatile quick shooting and slashing type and the paper type mostly long range and sniper type units. Obviously rock beats scissor, scissor beats paper and paper beats rock and that is how high and low the damage  were determined. It gave me more reason to collect more powerful units until I reached this garage of mine.


This was a version of the game that was updated around August or September (as far as I can remember) I repainted all of my best battle units, achieved SS ranks and even bought garage unit extension because I really like building and collecting units from all rank. This game can give you the opportunity of beating your opponents half to death with you just using lower ranking unit like C B and A and with your enemies spamming their flaming S-ranks around the battle field. With proper tactics, control and movements it is doable.

I was really a sniper type kind of guy in every FPS game I've played, so most of my units have long range shooting capacity (I do not do well on melee types in here, Chris always beats me on that field) after a few loses to some of the agile type of units I started collecting those fast units that enable me to get the really quick and range type like the 00 QAN(T) from Gundam 00 series. It's fast, have range weapons and can run quickly unlike my old WZC (Wing Zero Custom).


There were also events that you can join and when you accomplish some of the quest involved, the management (the host of the game which is Cherry Credits) back then will give you rewards if you meet the right requirements. Most of these rewards are rare units that cannot be found or build on the regular capsule machine where you have to spend points you earn just to randomly get a unit that you may or may not need.


Then suddenly a news broke out that the game host (which is Cherry Credits, I really started hating them back then) no longer can support the game due to I do not know what their real reason is (because they have lots of reasons back then), they decided to close the SEA Server for SDGO and the game just stopped working around February (I think and am really not sure, what I am sure is it did not last until June of 2015) of 2015. These are most of the images that I still have from back then, maybe am gonna take some feels trip in looking for more of the pictures on my facebook account and reminisce the good playing days.

No comments:

Post a Comment